DAVID WEIDMAYER, CFP®
With more than 25 years of market experience, I am dedicated to helping individuals, families, and business owners meet their financial needs by developing investment plans around their long-term goals and risk tolerance. My extensive experience—throughout major shifts in the markets—enables me to help my clients structure portfolios to address their specific financial goals.
I began my financial services career as a financial consultant with Merrill Lynch. Now I have my own firm, Weidmayer Wealth Solutions. I earned a bachelor's degree from Michigan State University and attended the Executive Education Leadership Training Course at the Wharton School of Business in 2005. I completed my CFP® certification in 2012. Today, I specialize in tactical and strategic asset and liability management.
My wife, Kendra, and I enjoy sports, culinary functions, and the arts. We both grew up in rural communities and enjoy supporting 4H and various charities.
- 2014–present: Weidmayer Wealth Solutions
- 2005–2014: Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC, Senior Vice President
- 1994–2005: Merrill Lynch, Asst Vice President
- 1992–1994: Kraft General Foods, account representative
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor's, Michigan State University
- Executive Education in Leadership, Wharton School of Business
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- 2018 Five Star Wealth Manager award recipient*
Areas of Focus
- Business services
- Education funding and 529 plans
- Estate planning strategies
- IRAs and IRA rollovers
- Debt management and reduction strategies
- Retirement planning
- Previously, program chair, board of directors for Financial Planning Association of Indiana
- Previously, on the board of directors of the Fort Wayne Philharmonic
- Indianapolis Financial Planning Day volunteer
- Indianapolis 500 Festival volunteer
*Five Star Wealth Manager Based on 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria, including a minimum of 5 years as an active credentialed financial professional, favorable regulatory and complaint history, accepts new clients, client retention rates, client assets administered, education, and professional designations. 1,083 Indianapolis wealth managers were considered for the award; 332 (31 percent of candidates) were named 2016 Five Star Wealth Managers. These awards are not indicative of the wealth managers' future performance. Your experiences may vary. For more information, please visit www.fivestarprofessional.com.
At Weidmayer Wealth Solutions, we believe entirely in the power of individual choice.
Here’s how we serve our clients:
- Care for our clients like family
- Know our clients and their goals
- Treat clients like people, not like portfolio balances
- Empower clients to feel confident about their decisions
- Practice time-tested financial approaches